MOUs signed for Belgaum at GIM
In total 14 projects have been approved at the Karnataka Global Investors Meet being held in Bangalore. An amount to the tune of Rs. 17331 crores will be invested in these projects.
Here are a few of the MOU’s signed with details:
Shree Renuka Infra Projects Limtied
- Proposed investment – Rs.5,500 crores.
- Project Details – To establish 1100 MW Thermal Power Plant.
- Location – Vanatamuri Village, Hukkeri Taluk, Belgaum District.
- Employment Generation – 3,500.
Premium Farm Fresh Produce Limited
- Proposed investment – Rs.110.30 crores.
- Project Details – To setup Private Wholesale Market for Fruits & Vegetables.
- Location – Kakati Village & Hobli, Belgaum Taluk & District.
- Employment Generation – 190.
Vishwaraj Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Proposed investment – Rs.4,100 crores.
- Project Details – To establish 1000 MW Gas based power plant and Development of Composite Industries.
- Location - Hukeri Taluk, Belgaum District
- Employment Generation – 5,500
Indo Schottle at QuEST SEZ
Automotive components maker Indo Schottle signed an MoU with QuEST Global on Thursday to set up a facility at QuEST’s global SEZ in Belgaum. Indo Schottle will initially invest Rs 20 crore in the centre, which will manufacture and export engine parts, hydraulic components and cold forged components. This marks Indo Schottle’s entry into the aerospace sector.
Hindlaco industries expansion at Belgaum
At Belgaum, Hindalco industries is actively pursuing the expansion of specialty alumina capacity from 149 KTPA to 356 KTPA – more than doubling it. Along with it, they will need to set up a captive power plant and other infrastructural facilities. The overall investment in Belgaum would be to the tune of Rs.500 crores.