The department of Health and Family Welfare Services, Government of Karnataka has issued the following advisory for performing marriages/events:
1. Necessary prior permission for the event, travel passes shall be obtained from local authorities.
2. The Marriage event shall allow a maximum number of guests of not more than 50.
3. The event shall be conducted in a suitable public place with good natural ventilation (No Air condition).
4. A person from a containment zone shall not be allowed to attend the event.
5. Persons more than 65 years of age, pregnant women and children below 10 years are not permitted to attend the event.
6. Sanitizers at the entry and at appropriate places shall be provided.
7. Thermal screening of all persons shall be conducted at the entry of the venue. The scanner should be held 3-15 centimeters away from the person’s forehead.
8. Anyone found having a fever (37.50 C or 99.50 F), cold, cough, difficulty in breathing shall not be permitted to attend the event and immediately referred to seek medical advice.
9. All persons shall wear face masks compulsorily.
10. All persons shall maintain a physical distance of more than 1 meter.
11. Hand washes with soap and water in washrooms shall be provided.
12. Consumption of liquor, paan, gutkha, tobacco, etc is not allowed.
13. The venue shall be maintained clean and hygienic.
14. Spitting in public places is prohibited.
15. A Nodal Person shall be identified for overseeing the arrangements and coordination at the venue.
16. A list of attendees of the marriage with contact details has to be maintained.
17. All guests should have downloaded the Arogya Setu app from google play store.