In this order dated 23.03.2020 Belagavi is also mentioned as once case but Deputy Commissioner Belagavi Dr.SB Bommanhali has denied this and said there is no COVID-19 positive as on date in the district.
As many as 6 swab samples from the district have been sent for testing out of which reports of FIVE are negative and one report is yet to be received.
The order by the govt: (exact extract of the copy)
It is imperative to adopt strict social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of Covid-19 which is playing havoc across the world including India. Karnataka has witnessed more than 20 Covid-19 positive cases and 1 death. Most of the positive cases are from Bangalore Urban & Bangalore Rural, Kalaburagi, Chikkaballapur districts and one case each has been reported from Mysuru, Madikeri, Dharwad, Belagavi and Mangaluru districts.
2. Whereas, Government of Karnataka in the exercise of the powers conferred under Sec.2,3 & 4 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 (Central Act 3 of 1897 & Mysuru Act II of 1897) under Sec.16 of the Hyderabad infectious Disease Act, 1950 (Hyderabad Act XII of 1950) has framed The Karnataka Epidemic Diseases (Covid-19) Regulations 2020.
3. Therefore, now in exercise of its powers under Section 2 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 read with enabling provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Government of Karnataka hereby notifies that the following restrictions shall be imposed in the territorial jurisdiction of the revenue districts of Bangalore Urban including BBMP area, Bangalore Rural, Kalaburagi, Chikkaballapur, Mysuru, Madikeri, Dharwad, Mangaluru and Belagavi from 00.00 hrs of 23.03.2020 to 00.00 hrs of 01.04.2020:
a) All shops, commercial establishments, Offices, workshops, godowns dealing shall close their operations subject to the exceptions mentioned below.
b) All industries and factories except those dealing with essential goods and services, food, medical equipment, drugs, fuel, agricultural inputs etc. shall remain closed. They are advised not to remove any worker on this account and advised to sanction paid leave on these days to the remaining workers.
c) All foreign returnees shall remain in strict home quarantine. Violation of home quarantine will entail penal action and shift to Government quarantine.
d) All gatherings of more than 5 persons shall be prohibited in public places except for purposes of containment of Covid 19 and statutory and regulatory functions.
e) Any prayers gatherings and festival gatherings of all religions shall be stopped.
f) All Information Technology & Bio-Technology units will ensure work from home except where it is not feasible to do so and in respect of the units and staff dealing with critical and essential services.
g) All passenger transport services including Inter-State, inter-district and within the district operations of Road Transport Corporations and Private Operations shall be stopped.
h) Plying of private vehicles shall be permitted only for procuring essential commodities and exceptions permitted in this order.
i) All Ola, Uber. taxis, autorikshaws and other hired services shall not be permitted for passenger transport except for procuring essential commodities and medical emergencies.
j) All Government offices dealing with non-essential services as notified by the Government shall remain closed.
k) State borders with other neighboring States shall remain closed for inbound passenger movement in passenger transport, heavy and light. vehicles except in cases of medical emergencies and unavoidable circumstances.
I) The restrictions imposed by earlier orders shall continue in force to the extent they are not modified by this order.
4. However, the following goods and services providing essential services shall be excluded from the operation of the above restrictions :
a) Food, ration shops, milk, vegetables, groceries, meat, fish, fruit , wholesale and retail markets and shops
b) Petrol Bunks, gas, LPG, oil agencies and related godowns
c) Transport of all goods.
d) Hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, optical stores, diagnostic centres and other health and medical related shops, establishments, godowns, factories.
e) Police & Fire Services
f) ULBs & Panchayati Raj Institutions offices, postal services.
g) Government offices dealing with essential services as notified by Government.
h) Electricity, Water & Municipal services
1) Bank teller services, ATMs , Telecom, internet, cable services
j) E Commerce/home delivery of goods and services.
k) Take away/home delivery from the restaurants
I) Canteen services provided by Government & Local bodies.
m)Print and electronic media
n) Security services including private security services
o) Drinking water production, supply and distribution in bulk and in containers.
p) Bus Stations, Railway Station, Airports and allied services.
q) Transport of passengers to and from Hospitals, railway stations, bus stations, Airports.
r) Private establishments required for efforts to contain COVED-19 including for production of drugs, masks, PPEs etc.
8) Production and manufacturing units which are in continuous process mode