by Satish Kumar
The long awaited Belgaum University (Veer Rani Channama) at Bhutramatti is taking shape, though it has come after lot of struggle and not by government self initiative, and moreover I must complement KRV for taking this struggle along with ABVP to Vidhan Saudha Bangalore. It was also a collective effort besides, Mr Sanjay Patil and Mr Angadi elected representatives also put on pressure on this demand.
A meeting was convened recently by university’s special officer B.R. Ananthan ( though his name has popped up in some controversies) for new courses from current academic year itself, which is indeed a very progressive move, I always had a dream for new university would look like and made a small layout posted along, may be this would turn out to be a reality soon, but its my earnest request to state government to fulfill the following important things:
A futuristic Areal view of expected development of VRC University
1) Government should come up with a nice ergonomic Gothic architecture since this university has lot of natural beauty and surroundings of mountainous green zone.
2) Belgaum Division Education Commissionairate office should be relocated back to Belgaum form Dharwad all other division offices are in their own respective places only in case of Belgaum it was moved two years back by Mr Horrati to Dharwad. ADP, and Jt.director officer from Dharwad back to Belgaum.
Why should we accept Belgaum division office in Dharwad strictly believe that it doesn’t make any logical sense.
3) The education consortium should be formed under special officer to lease out land to other foreign universities to establish joint research programs. Since there are new engineering and management colleges coming up in this area, this can lead to creation valley of academic excellence.
4) There should be ample transportation and accessibility to university from CBT to University, Tilakwadi to University, VTU to VCU, Sulebhavi to University and also from other remote places such as Halga, and Eastern part of Belgaum.
5) VCU should include Bagalkot and Bijapur and Karwar under this university jurisdiction.
6) VCU should facilitate benches of other universities especially Marathi and Konkani language since Belgaum houses large communities of bordering people to help students of other medium schools in border area to benefit, education should be means to unite the country regions and boundaries.
7) VCU should be given lead role in establishing academic around educational development for north Karantaka.