City of Belagavi stood at 15th place and is now part of the first set of 20 smart cities in the country amongst 98 cities.
Belagavi scored 57.99% score
What is the Smart city plan for Belagavi –
VISION FOR BELAGAVI “A livable, inclusive and vibrant Belagavi city, in which every citizen has adequate access to good quality of affordable and sustainable physical & social infrastructure, employment opportunities, in which cultural heritage and environment are protected and preserved through good governance and city management”
plan includes Area Based Development and Pan City solutions as listed below:
Area based development in a 10.78 sq.Km area is planed as below:
• Retrofitting of the area with underground ducting for utilities
• Skill development and employment generation in the manufacturing sector
• Organization of informal sector – hawker zones, hawking spaces and eat streets
• Decongesting traffic in the area
• Improvement of Public Transport
• Multi-Utilities Facilitation Centers (MUFC)
• Public Convenience & Amenities
• Development of Markets
• Creation/improvement of parks &recreational spaces
• Conservation & Preservation of Heritage Structure
• Housing for the poor
• Improvement of city’s waste water and sewerage system with Smart Metering
• Solid Waste Management
• Smart Metering
Pan City Proposal
• Improving mobility with Intelligent Transportation Systems
• E-Governance (Citizen Transaction Enablement).
• Improving energy efficiency and utilizing renewable energy sources. (on PPP)
• Water Supply, Sewerage and Solid Waste Management. (under Convergence)
• 24 x 7 water supply: To achieve uninterrupted water supply for the entire city as per international standards.
• Uninterrupted & sustainable Power supply: Augmenting existing power with efficient renewable solar and wind energy with a view to providing uninterrupted and sustainable power supply.
• Sewerage network & system: To achieve complete underground sewerage network and system with complete treatment and reusage for the entire city.
• City Mobility: Improvement of overall Mobility for Belagavi city that includes dedicated bus lanes, Roads with integrated infrastructure , Pedestrian friendly footpaths, dedicated cycle tracks, decongestion of Inner City, dedicated Parking areas, Junction improvements and using Integrated & effective Traffic Management systems.
• Improving civic facilities and amenities in the city through development of specific area level multi utilities civic service centers, aiming at significantly improving the standard of living.
Increasing the green cover of the City through development of large scale plantations/urban forestry in available open spaces, institutional campuses, Cantonment areas, foreshores of water bodies and avenue plantations.
• E-Governance- Information & Communication Technology enabled & Integrated portal/platform with a Central Command Station for facilitating citizen services , ensuring safety and security, hassle free mobility and for providing transparent, Citizen friendly, effective & responsive governance.
• Affordable housing: In view of priority requirements of this sector, facilitation of affordable housing for EWS and LIG in the city.
• Enhancement of Employment opportunities: City has a potential engineering industries base as well as aerospace units, and is home to large number of textile power looms. It has a large number of educational Institutions & potential ITES growth. Imparting appropriate skill sets for youth through skill development centres there by emphasis would be to given to establish engineering ancillary units, encouragement of power loom sector along with Information Technology & Engineering Service industries to strengthen the city’s economy & bringing in more employment and livelihood opportunities.
Knowledge City : By ensuring adequate and quality infrastructure which acts as catalyst to promote city of Belagavi as Knowledge hub for imparting education in the field of Medicine, Technical, Management, Life sciences , City being already the seat of three Universities, Six medical institutions, many technical, management and other institutions. • Tourism development: Considering spatial location of Goa, by improving overall ambiance, Cultural and Heritage sites, promoting health tourism making Belagavi as a supplementary and preferred tourist destination.
AREA BASED DEVELOPMENT PROPOSALS
North # Belagavi – Ramteerth Nagar,# Mal-Maruti Extension,# Shiv Basava Nagar
Central – # Kotekere, #Ashok Nagar Part # Fort ,# Central Bus Terminal
South #- Tilakwadi, Vaccine Depot, Rani Chennamma Nagar Part, # Shanti Nagar/ Maratha Colony/ Nanawadi.
Improvement Of All Roads, Network, And Junctions, Improvement Of Utilities And Amenities Like Water Supply, Sewerage, Sanitation And Solid Waste Management, Improvement Of Transportation Facilities And Mobility – Development Of Footpaths, Cycle Ways, Regulating Traffic And Para- Transit Facilities, Providing The Smart Solutions With Ict Components, It Connectivity, Safety And Security, Encourage Non-Motorized Transport And Provision For Walkways • Development Of Neighborhood Parks And Open Spaces • Development Of Major Heritage Park And Enhancing Greenery • Improvement Of Employment Facilities Through Flatted Factories Development, Skill Development Centers And It Incubation Centers & Informal Sector • Conservation & Preservation Of Central Area As Civic Center • Development Of Affordable Housing For Ews & Lig Segments • Facilitation Of Good Health And Education Facilities For Residents Of The Area
Carriageway improvement # Footpaths # Street Light # Street Furniture # Avenue Plantation # Lanes & Other Traffic Markings # Surface dressing/Pavement # Underground Utilities – Water, telecom, Drainage, Power , OFC # Non Motorized Transport : Cycle track # Facilities for physically challenged
Geometric improvements # roundabout # manned / signalized # high mast lights # landscaping # surveillance equipment # traffic signage –
Vantamuri Cross, Dharamnath Circle, Ashoka Circle, Cbt Circle, Gogte Circle, Goaves Circle , Rpd Cross , Khanapur Junction (3rd Gate) ,Vantmuri Cross.
RAIL OVER BRIDGES
Between Railway Gate I & II
Railway Gate III – (NH 4a & Khanapur Road)
Old Pb Road 4 Kapileshwar Road – 144 Crores
UNDERPASS RANI CHANNAMMA CIRCLE (for pedestrian, Raichur Bachi Road) – 56 crore
FLYOVER Ashoka Circle (NH4 Junction to CBT via Raichur Bachi Road) – 129 Crores
Improving Improving Facilities and Services Through Multi Uti Facilities and Services Through Multi Utilities Com utilities Complexes (MUCS)
DHARMANATH CIRCLE Corporation
RAM TEERTH NAGAR
1st Gate Opp Kalamandir
Fort Road Cantonment
PUBLIC TOILETS ABD-Improvement of Public Improvement of Public Convenience Convenience & Amenities & Amenities • Providing Public Convenience and utilities in the ABD (2 in each ward) • Easily accessible for physically challenged people • High emphasis on cleanliness of the toilet units. • Roof top Solar Panels (Optional) • To ensure sustainability of operation and maintenance, operators are given the rights of advertisement which can be displayed around the units of public amenity.
NEW CITY CENTERS
KALA MANDIR Corporation
OLD PB ROAD
KALAMANDIR : Sector level Community Facility TOTAL EXTENT OF LAND – 7,800 sq.m (2.1Acres) PROPOSALS : G + 3 ACTIVITIES IN THE PREMISES • Multi Level Car Parking Lot (G-2) • Multimodal Parking stand (Auto & Cycle) • Shopping mall including Multiplex • Atrium • Branded Shops • Local shops • Family entertainment and Restaurants, Food court et c • Mini Auditorium cum Culture center • Other Community Facilities ESTIMATED PROJECT COST RS.53.41 Cr
DHARMANATH CIRCLE : Central level Community Facility
OFFICES/IT COMPLEX; SKILL DEV. AND INCUBATION CENTRE, SHOPPING MALL, SWIMMING POOL AND INDOOR SPORTS CENTER, PARKING
HAWKER ZONE #
Formalization of street vending leading to better upkeep of the spaces, brings in vitality and vibrancy in the inner city and civic center area # 20-25 hawkers space in each of the proposed nine Multiutilities complexes # Total spaces created ~200
EAT STREET IN CENTRAL AREA # Stretch of 200 m on OLD PB road along Footpath towards Fort side # Stretch of 100 m along Kanbargi Road footpath towards Kotekere lake # Creating ~200 fast food outlets # Estimated Cost: Rs.3 Crores
MODERN BUS STATION : • Terminal building (G+1) • Dormitory • Local Convenience shop • Waiting cum seating lobby space • Rest room • Public Toilets • Accessible to differently challenged people
Improvement of Vaccine depot as heritage park
Exhibition ground at Mahanteshnagar exhibitions/circus/meeting ground/city maidan # extent: 9.15 acres
Conservation & Preservation Of Central Area Conservation & Preservation Of Central Area
Belagavi Fort 2 2. Kotekare Lake 3. Moat And Fort Area 4. Vegetable Market 5. Parking Plaza
ACTIVITIES in FORT PREMISES : 1. Military/Defence Theme Museum 2. Jogging Track 3. Heritage Conservation Of • Ramakrishna Ashram • Kamal Basti • Mosques: Safa Majid, Jamia Masjid 4. Afforestation And Block Plantation 5. Amphitheater (OAT) 6. Art And Craft Center (in Existing Building) 7. Banning Of Vehicular Movement Inside The Fort