The Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries (BCCI) along with those of Belgaum District Small Scale Industries Association, Belgaum Foundry Cluster, Institute of Indian Foundrymen Belgaum Chapter, Kanbargi Industrial Association, Belgaum Micro Industries Association and Members of the Industrial fraternity attended the Interaction meeting arranged by Hon’ble MLA Shri Abhay Patil ji with Minister for Energy and Kannada Culture, Govt of Karnataka Shri V. Sunil Kumar ji with Additional Chief Secretary of Energy Department Shri G. Kumar Naik, IAS, MD HESCOM Mrs. Bharati D, IAS, Technical Director KPTCL Shri Chandrashekhar and related Government officials to understand the problems faced by MSMEs of Belagavi and discuss the Improvement of Power supply for Belagavi District
On this occasion BCCI President Shri Rohan Juvali submitted the memorandum to the Minister for Energy and Kannada Culture, Govt of Karnataka Shri V. Sunil Kumar ji in presence of Shri Abhay Patil ji, Hon’ble MLA Belagavi South Constituency.
Following points were discussed:
Suggestions for Power Infrastructure required for Belagavi Industrial fraternity:
- Establishing 220 / 110 KV Station at Kanbargi switching station.
- Reconductoring of 220 KV NB-1 and NB-2, Approved in TCCM.
- 400 KV New Station between Belagavi and Hubli – Narendra
- 220 KV line and 110 KV line are over loaded, and are very old. Arrangement for strengthen the line and separate new line to be laid.
- To expedite the proposal of new 400 KV Station near Mugolkhod Village at Belagavi District.
- To expedite the Proposal of upgradation of 110 KV station at Machhe to 220 KV Station.
- To expedite the Proposal of new Majgaon 110 KV station at Belagavi.
- To expedite the proposal of new 110 KV station at Navage Belagavi.
- To expedite the Proposal of Existing overhead 33 KV line to UG Cable Conversion of Industrial areas i.e. Udyambag, Machhe, Navage, Waghawade, Honaga, Kakati, Autonagar, to the tune of 100 crores in upcoming State Budget.
- To expedite the Proposal for UG Cable Conversion of Existing Low Tension (LT) line in all Industrial areas of Belagavi.
- Government should provide proper infrastructure for the upcoming and existing Industrial units in rural areas.
- To avoid power supply interruptions due to transformer, break downs, strict periodical maintenance of transformers and allied equipment is required.
- To replace old and obsolete conventional transformers that are in service, since long, with 4-star/ 5-star transformer with switch gear in all Industrial areas.
- Requesting your intervention to speed up the erection and installation work of 20 MVA transformers at Machhe 110 KV Station.
- HESCOM is understaffed, to cater to maintenance and service activities.
- Allotment of 8 lineman’s in 3 shifts for 24 x 7 maintenance vehicles with Junior Engineers.
- All ESCOMs collect fees for installing of new incoming transformer for layouts (rule 10) asper the applied load, but instead they install old and repaired transformers, request you to implement earlier KERC Code to overcome this problem.
- Withdrawal of Monthly Fixed Charges for Motive Power (MP) Installation to reduce the burden on MSMEs.
- HESCOM collects 10% supervision charges for the self-execution works, after executing the work, HESCOM directs the consumer to get the approval from Electrical Inspector. Even after executing under the supervision of HESCOM why should the consumer approach the Electrical Inspector, the approval should be given by HESCOM itself. Also request you to reduce supervision charges from 10% to 1%.
- The Electrical Inspectorate powers has been made centralized recently request you to decentralize the same.
Summary of the Discussion
- Upgradation of Machhe Station from 110 KV to 220 KV – will be started within 6 months.
- For the Proposed new Majgaon & Navage 110 KV stations suitable land is required. Shri Abhay Patil ji has taken the initiative to expedite the survey and make available land suitable for the same.
- At 33 KV overhead line crossings at Udyambag, Machhe, Navage, Waghawade, Honaga, Kakati, Autonagar, to ensure safety and avoid mishaps, underground Cabling (UG) will be done at critical points.
- For the UG Cable Conversion of Existing Low Tension (LT) line in all Industrial areas of Belagavi, estimated project cost is Rs. 60 Crores, Shri Abhay Patil ji will declared to attempt funding of 50% of the Project cost through MLA Fund / Smart City fund initiative.
- Government should provide proper infrastructure for the upcoming and existing Industrial units in rural areas to attract new investment – HESCOM MD requested for list of area wise power requirement.
- Allotment of 8 lineman’s in 3 shifts for 24 x 7 maintenance vehicles with Junior Engineers – the same has been agreed and committed by the Energy minister and has instructed HESCOM to immediately allocate the manpower.
- Regarding the installation work of 20 MVA transformers at Machhe 110 KV Station, the minister has agreed to intervene and expedite the work.
- Energy Minister has directed Additional Chief Secretary of Energy Department to study and prepare proposal for reduction of supervision charges from 10% to minimum possible.
- The HESCOM officials have committed to sufficient availability of 4-star/ 5-star transformer to cater to all Industrial areas.