Shahpur was a commercial center in 1550


love dale belagavi

The Adilshai of Bijapur ruled over Belgaum and one Sher Khan added Shahpur to Belgaum, which was originally called Shahpet in 1550. It grew to be a commercial center then.

NHIM belagavi

 

Source: The Karnataka State Gazetteer

Contributed by MAHANTESH VAKKUND, Bangalore

 

 

Trinity Belagavi
SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY