MP Suresh Angadi has written letters to to the Union railway minister Mamata Banerjee and Union minister of state for railways K H Muniyappa urging them to include some proposals under the annual railway budget 2010-11.
1. new railway track along Belgaum-Bailhongal (Kittur)-Dharwad- survey work has already been completed.
2. up gradation of an existing Gokak Road station
3. survey work for the creation of new track linking Belgaum-Savantwadi
4. introduction of new evening daily Garib Rath Express on Hubli-Dadar (Mumbai) route
5. diversion of present Bangalore-Hajrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express via Belgaum
6. construction of under bridge at Paschapur station along Belgaum-Miraj route
7. shifting of an existing goods shed in Belgaum to Sambra to facilitate expansion of Belgaum Railway Station.
Demands for Belgaum-Bailhongal (Kittur)-Dharwad is not new and the survey work is already over but nothing concrete has been said by the rail authorities on this.
There has been a long standing demand of the people of Hubli and Belgaum to start a train from Hubli to Mumbai.
What happens this year to this demands need to be seen. AAB will follow up the Railway budget and get you information right away when the same is presented in the last week of February, most probable date would be 23.