VISION: To make Belgaum Foundry Industry World Class, Internationally competitive and Environment Friendly.
MISSION: To provide World Class Infrastructure Facilities to the Foundry Units in and around Belgaum to make them competitive and achieve excellence of performance.
Belgaum is known for its Foundry Industry. The Government of India, the Ministry of Commerce and Industries, has identified BELGAUM for creating a Cluster considering the potential of the Industry. The objective is to strengthen the existing infrastructure and to create additional infrastructure with a view to enhance efficiency, competitiveness, raise export capabilities and make the industry environment-friendly by reducing pollution.
This is being done to develop World Class Infrastructure under the special “INDUSTRIAL INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADATION SCHEME “ [IIUS] of the 350 foundry units in Karnataka, one third units are located in Belgaum spread over six industrial estates producing 8000 tonnes of castings per month with export content of Rs.45 crores. The infrastructure bottlenecks and requirements of common facilities have hampered the proper and systematic growth of Foundry Industry in Belgaum. There is a potential for improving the quality of the product, making it cost effective and enhancing the competitiveness.
BELGAUM FOUNDRY CLUSTER is going to be the most prestigious and useful project for BELGAUM FOUNDRYMEN AND ALLIED INDUSTRIES.
OBJECTIVES of BFC:
1. To promote Green Environment through Pollution Control and Sand Reclamation.
2. To develop a Common Website for the easy reach of the Customers.
3. To introduce Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) package for the Cluster.
4. To provide required simulation software for foundries.
5. To create Training and Development facilities for Human Resource Development.
6. To enhance marketing effort by establishing International Marketing center and Display center.
7. To establish R & D laboratory and provide common quality testing.
8. To combine latest Technology and Human Skill for better performance.
9. To undertake any other activity incidental to the improvement of Quality of Foundry Industry and to make it internationally competitive.
10. Up gradation of Physical Infrastructure: This special purpose scheme will focus on improvement and asphalting of 27 Kms roads in all six industrial estates. The lighting of roads and tree plantation alongside the road and the construction of 1680 KLD capacity water tank with pump house will be undertaken.
11. Modern Communication & Information Center: The world-class communication center with convention hall, display center and installation of website giving details about foundry cluster and establishing global links.
12. Common Effluent Treatment Plant: Installation of Sand to plant to reclaim about 10,000 tons of sand every month protecting our natural resource and making our foundry industrial area environment friendly.
13. Common Testing laboratory: Equipped with Spectrometer, Co-ordinate measuring machine to produce quality products of Global Standards.
14. Common Tool Room Facility: The Cluster will have a Training Center to upgrade the knowledge of foundry men and allied industries. Vertical machining Center for pattern making and Software for 3D modeling and Simulation of castings to get first time right castings.
15. Marketing Effort: A product center, arrangement of frequent exhibitions, meeting place for customers and expert advice on marketing, particularly export marketing.
BELGAUM FOUNDRY CLUSTER
Survey No. 670 (Part), Special Plot No. 1, Stockyard, Angol Industrial Estate,
Udyambag, Belgaum –590 008
Phone: +91-831-2443392 Fax : +91-831-2443392 Mobile : +91-94484-97588
E-mail: [email protected]