CM, B S Yedurappa visited the construction sight of ‘Suvarna Soudha’ in Halaga- BastwadVillage in the outskirts of the city. He was accompanied by to the spot by MLAs and MPs of BJP and instructed the officers to complete the first stage of the construction work by November.
Speaking to media he said that this will be a unique building in the entire nation and already Rs.63.65 crore has been spent on this and in the last budget 150 crore has been kept aside for this project. A total of Rs.230 crores have allocated for the project which spans over 177 acres. Rs.17.63 crores have been paid as compensation to the farmers of the land acquired. He said there is no financial crisis in the state. After the first Stage of the construction work is completed then in December Session will be held for 15 days.
The details of structure & accommodation made in the building are as follows:
FLOORS BUILT-UP AREA
(-) 2 Level of Ground Floor 5406 Sqm
Ground Floor 12011 Sqm
First Floor 13438 Sqm
Second floor 97414 Sqm
Third Floor 12055 Sqm
Total 52624 Sqm
Size of building 150.47m x 107.25 m
Central Big dome 01 No
Small Domes 06 Nos
The Government also has constituted a Technical Committee for selection of locally
avilable materials for construction of “ Suvarna Soudha” to provide the granite stone available
at Koira/Hesaragatta quarries for ornamental stone works.
The details of the events of the project are as follows :
1. Technical sanction to the estimate for Rs.230 Crores was accorded on 27.04.2009.
2. Technical bids opened on 11-06-2009.
3. The financial bids opened on 11-06-2009.
4. Cabinet approval to the financial bid was accorded on 25-06-2009.
5. Work awarded to the agency- M/s. B.G. Shirke Construction Technology Pvt. Ltd.,
6. Date of agreement with the Agency 08-07-2009.
7. Date of work order to Agency 09-07-2009.
8. Date of Handing over of site to the Agency 10-07-2009.
9. Stipulated time period for Construction 18 months
The project has been divided into two Milestones as follows:
First Milestone: Completion of Assembly & Council Halls in first 12 months.
Second Milestone : Completion of the entire project in the stipulated time period of 18 months.