Golden rules for better kidney prevention
1. Physical exercises help in reducing BP & thus reduce the risk of developing chronic kidney disease.
2. Maintaining the normal blood sugar levels as high blood sugar level lead to diabetes & thus kidney damage. This can be done by regular usage of medications, tests & checkup of kidney functions, like serum creatinine.
3. Regular monitoring of blood pressure as high BP leads to the heart attack or stroke thus kidney damage.
4. Eating healthy & maintaining a normal weight as overweight & unhealthy eating habit lead to diabetes, heart disease, and Chronic Kidney Disease. Reduce salt intake & limit the intake of processed foods.
5. Normal fluid intake as it helps kidneys to filter out sodium, urea, and other body toxins.
6. Avoid smoking or getting in contact with a smoking person
7. Avoid intake of Over the Counter pills, like painkillers (DICLOFENAC) which may lead to kidneys damage.
8. Proper & regular checkup of kidney functions.
Symptoms of kidney problems:
Most people never show symptoms until the Kidney disease gets advance however, some of the symptoms like swollen ankles, legs, fatigue, early tiredness, low appetite, an occurrence of blood in urine needs to evaluated with simple tests like urine examination, serum creatinine, and blood sugar levels to identify kidney problems.
About the Author:
Dr. Ravi Sarvi, is a Nephrologist & Renal Transplant consultant, KLEs Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital, Belagavi