The Mahadev Temple next to the School of Culture is commonly called as “Biscuit Mahadev” or before that it was known as ‘Shambhu Mahadev’. It was called ‘Shambhu Mahadev’ as people say in 1703 Chatrapati Sambhaji Maharj had taken rest here for four days when he enroute South India.
There was a bakery beside the temple, then a very small place of Mr. Jambotkar.
Daily he used to keep biscuits made in his bakery infront of the lord, and hence the name, “Biscuit Mahadev”. Later the priests at the temple decided to give biscuits as prasad instead of the Sugar that was given in other temples.
Photos: Santosh Purohit