Whistling Woodzs

Apply online for new ration cards


Getting a ration card was a herculean task and not many wanted to have one. But the technology friendly govt of the state has launched online application of Ration cards.
People living in urban areas may submit applications through private internet facility by going to Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department website http://ahara.kar.nic.in/ (direct link to Ration card form) and fill in the information.
Those in need of LPG connections may also avail themselves of the services of the department website. Those who have changed their place of residence may submit a request for change in address through the same website.
In Rural areas, the registration for Ration Card will be done through Grama Panchayath Office by paying Rs.10. In urban areas, registration can be done in Office of Deputy Director, Food Department or at any Cyber Cafe.
Families who don’t have Ration Card, Members of Divided Families, Newly Married & Temporary Ration Card Holders whose card is expired can apply from today.



  1. i am newly married. i want to apply ration card. i don’t have ration card before. how i can apply and get new ration card now. is that any possibility. Please any chance is their reply to my mailID.

  2. Now I feel Karnataka is slowly on the path of becoming IT state…Though all these things should have been done long back..However welcome this move. Hope to see all the govt services becoming online and citizen friendly…!

Leave a Reply