The following points were mentioned:
New rail route between Dharwad and Belgaum via Kittur.
Railway crossings at Kapileshwar Road, Dharwad Road,l st, lInd and Ill Railway gates.
FOLLOWING ARE THE SUGGESTIONS FOR EXISTING/NEW TRAINS
1 Daily Train should be start from Miraj Junction to Vasco Goa.
2. Daily Train should be start from Miraj Junction to Shimoga weekly a 3 days.
3. Weekly train should be start from Yeshwantpur to Bikaner via Hubli-Miraj-Pune.
4. Weekly train should be start from Yeshvyantpur to Jaipur via Hubli-Miraj-Pune.
5. Weekly train should be start from Hubli Junction to Varnasi via Hubli-Pune.
6. Two days in a Week train should be start from Hubli junction to Shirdi.
7. Weekly train should be start from Miraj to Chennai.
8. Weekly train should be start from Yeshwantpur to Indore via Hubli-Miraj-Pune.
B. 1. Train No.11097/98- Pune-Ernakulam should be made 3 days in a week.
2. Train No.12781/82 should be made start 3 days in a week from Mysore -H.Nizamuddin.
1. New Railway line should be start from Hubli-Dharwad-Kìttur-Belgaum.
2. New Railway line should be introduce from Belgaum-Sankeshwar-Nipani to Kolhapur.
3. New Railway line should be introduce from Belgaum to Savantwadi.
The following Trains should be start from Miraj junction and Hubli Junction via Belgaum to the
1. Tiruvananthapuram -Kanniyakumari 6. Gulbarga Bidar
2. Madgaon Vasco 7. Veraval Hapa
3. Allahabad Pune -Varnasi 8. Rajkot Okha
4. Jaipur-Udaipur 9. Jabalpur- Kanpur~Lucknow
5. Bikanaír-Jaiselmer 10. Dehradun -Jammu Tawi
An additional gate to be provided on the East side near Railway Auditorium with ticket window which will facilitate the incoming passengers from the city centre and also help in regulating passengers movement during rush hours over.
Additional ticket counters to be opened for speedy issue of tickers.
Prepaid rickshaw and taxi services should be provided with the area Wise/distance tariff chart
General information of Belgaum city and places of tourist interest in and around Belgaum be displayed with the photographs.
City bus service should be provided to ply on all the part of city from Railway station.
The Railway Authorities should approach the traders and industries in the town and appeal them to
Make maximum use of the Railway transport facilities. The Belgaum Chamber will be ready to offer their best services and assistance to the Railways in Improving their goods transport business to and from Belgaum. A few years ago, due to the efforts of the Belgaum Chamber the Railways established an ICD at Desur about lO kms from Belgaum station and CONCOR started its operations ever since. To the best of our knowledge the ICD facility is not fully utilized by the exporters and importers from Belgaum as their looks to be some operational hazard. It is possible for the Railways and CONCOR to overcome the same and offer a hazel-free service.
A suggestion is to allow the passenger entry and exit from the eastern side of the station as well, which can be approached from the Goods Shed Road, Belgaum. This will be convenient to a large number of passengers staying in Raviwar Peth, Fort, Gandhinagar, Mal Maruti Extension, Shahapur, Vadgaon, Angol, Hindwadi, Tilakwadi (East), Khasbag and other Eastern and South Eastern suburbs of the City and would reduce the traffic congestion at the Western entrance of the station.
A vending machine may be installed at the entrance of the station to draw the Platform tickets so that long queues can be avoided.