The Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries President Shri Rohan Juvali, Hon. Secretary Shri Prabhkar Nagarmunoli, Taxation Committee Chairman Shri Rajendra Mugekar & ICD Inchage Smt. Nilima Shevade met South Western Railway General Manager Shri Sanjeev Kishor, at Belagavi Railway Station and submitted the memorandum as given below
Excerpts from the memorandum –
INFRASTRUCTURE AND NEW RAILWAY LINES:-
1. Due priority should also be given to the already surveyed Belagavi-Karad railway line via Sankeshwar Nippani such that the entire Mumbai-Bengaluru Industrial corridor is covered by this project.
2. It is felt that the Railway Authorities should inform traders and industries in the town and appeal them to make maximum use of the Railway goods transport facilities and regularly update new Trains, change in timings, passenger amenities etc. to the Chamber.
3. Slip coaches and Military bogie to be attached to Nizamuddin express from Belagavi and slip coaches for Hyderabad, Tirupati and Chennai Trains.
4. Avail the facility of Blank Paper Ticket issue in the Handicapped Quota to the physically disabled citizen.
Railway Over Bridges in Belagavi City:
We also bring too your kind attention that out of five Proposed Railway Over Bridges (RoB), two have been completed and third ROB at 3rd Railway Gate is under process which has to be get completed by end of January 2022 as committed by Railway Department officials & also remaining two Railway Over Bridges work process has to be start immediately.
Cargo and Agriculture Rail Network:
Special emphasis and promotion on transporting of perishable and non perishable agriculture produce by train could also be introduced. As Belagavi and its surrounding is a major hub for such Agriculture produce and Industries.
1. Provision for electric car for senior citizens and differently able people on platform.
2. Well equipped Medical stores should be provided on platform.
3. Installation of Platform Ticket Vending Machine (coin operated) will greatly avoid the unnecessary rushes at the Ticket Counter.
4. More number of sitting arrangements is to be provided at all the platforms (especially platform No.1).
5. Existing CCTV surveillances facilities has to be upgraded.
6. Adequate Ladies Police personal must be deputed on platforms 24 hours.
7. Separate dedicated Train enquiry and customer care booth to be set up at the station.
8. Prepaid Counters of Taxi, Auto Rickshaw to be assisted with Police person.
9. Vigilance and strict check should be carried out on vendors selling food products above MRP and also after expiry date.
10. Dedicated Ambulance facility from Railway department at Belagavi Railway Station has to be provided on priority.
1. Introduction of intercity train to Belagavi-Pune preferably departure time should be at 6.00 AM from Belagavi and from Pune departure should be at 6.00 P.M.
2. Existing Mysuru-Dharwad train should be extended to Belagavi.
3. There is a demand for a train from Miraj to Chennai via Bengaluru.
4. Provision for a train to Goa from Belagavi preferably leaving from Belagavi in morning to facilitate trade and tourism industries.
5. It is our earnest request to increase the passengers Quota of Belagavi station for Bengaluru for Rani Chanamma Express.
6. Audio visual displays in every bogies showing current station and on coming station.
7. Belagavi Vasco daily intercity Express (2 Nos) (Many people need onward connectivity to) South side.
Inland Container Depot
The Inland Container Depot (ICD) has been stated at Desur in 2004, but in 2017 The Commissioner of Customs & Central Excise, Belagavi vide letter dated 04-04-2017 renewed the License of Custodianship of ICD, Desur for further period of Five Years from 18-04-2016 to 17-04-2021 & the Notification from Customs given permission to finally begin operation was in August 2019. The Operation has just picked up, when the termination Notice has been issued.
The Main aim of the Inland Container depot is to facilitate Exporters / Importers of North Karnataka area. To revive the operations at the ICD and an amount of about Rs.5 Cr. was invested in stepping up the infrastructure at the terminal like paved area, high mast lighting, Cameras, reach stacker to load and unload container, EDI CONNECTIVTY to ensure all transactions would be online.
But unfortunately the Railway Department terminate the allotted lease of Land admeasuring to 18000 sqms to CONCOR in 2019, since the Land is urgently required by Railways for developing store of PGCIL for Electrification purpose vide Notice No CON/SCR/CM/MOA/ Desur/2019/1098 dtd 25th October 2019.
ICD Desur is a smart activity in Smart City Project, it would have helped to generate revenue through Customs clearances. Belagavi is the Second Largest Exporter in Karnataka.
On this occasion Shri sanjeev Kishor, general Manager SWR said that we have inspected the sambra station and Inland Container Depot will be start another 6 months at sambra, he also said that 31st of January 2022 the 3rd Railway Overbridge work will be completed.