Four coal loaded wagons of a Goods Train coming from Marmugao Port Trust(Vasco) bound for Jindal Vijaynagar Steels Limited, Hospet derailed at km. 36/100 between Doodsagar and Caranzol stations of Hubli Division of SWR at 20-35 hrs. (8-35 p.m.) in the night of 05th October, 2012. The Goods Train had total 60 wagons. The track restoration work is in progress.
As a result of above derailment, the following trains are partially canceled today:
1. Train No.12780 Nizamuddin-Vasco Goa Express which left Nizamuddin on 04th Oct.2012 and arrived Londa on 06th Oct.2012 is partially cancelled between Londa and Vasco stations. The passengers of Goa Express were transshipped by deploying 16 Buses from Londa to Madgoan & Vasco stations.
2. Train No.12779 Vasco-Nizamuddin Goa Express leaving Vasco today i.e. on 06th Oct.2012 is partially cancelled between Vasco and Londa stations and the passengers of Goa Express are being transhipped to Londa by deploying adequate buses and they will be accommodated by Train No.17305 Hubli-Londa/Nizamuddin Express leaving Hubli on 06th Oct.2012.
3. Train No.02779 Vasco-Bangalore City Slip coaches being attached by Train No.12779 Vasco-Nizamuddin Goa Express on 06th Oct.2012 from Vasco-Londa-Bangalore portion is cancelled between Vasco-Hubli . The slip coaches viz., One AC 3-tier coach, One Second Class Sleeper and One General Second Class-cum-Disabled coach which are at Hubli will be attached by Train No.16590 Kolhapur-Bangalore Rani Chennamma Express from Hubli to Bangalore.
4. Train No.18047 Howrah-Vasco Amaravati Express arriving Hubli on 06th Oct.2012 will be partially cancelled between Londa and Vasco and terminated at Londa. The Passengers are being transshipped by deploying 24 buses from Londa to Madgaon & Vasco stations.
5. Train No.18048 Vasco-Howrah Amaravati Express leaving Vasco on 07th Oct.2012, will be partially cancelled between Vasco and Hubli Stations and the train will start from Hubli-Howrah in the path and timings of Train No.18048 Vasco-Howrah Amaravati Express.