In the procession against celebrating Tipu Jayanti, and the speech made by MLA Sanjay Patil, a sumoto FIR has been filed Against MLA Sanjay Patil under various sections of the IPC.
Swaroop Kalkundri also has been named in another FIR and both the FIR have been filed sumoto by the Police at Market Police station.
153A. Promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language
143. Punishment.—Whoever is a member of an unlawful assembly, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine, or with both.
188. Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant
283. Danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation
298. Uttering, words, etc., with deliberate intent to wound the religious feelings of any person.
149. Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object.