A 25-year-old engineer, Sandeep, who accidentally fell into a pit of a steel factory in Ballari and was exposed to toxic chemicals and gases, was airlifted in an helicopter ambulance from Ballari to Narayana Health City in Bengaluru on Saturday.
Working for a Belagavi-based company that maintains the gas lines of JSW Steel Melt Shop in Ballari, Mr. Sandeep fell into a pit during inspection. While taking photographs, he fell into a pit and was exposed to toxic chemicals and gases.
The fully-equipped air ambulance is exclusively for patients requiring emergency medical treatment. According to doctors, who accompanied him to the hospital in Bengaluru, the patient was kept in a state of sedation while being airlifted.