The first case of Omicron has been reported in Belagavi.
52 year old who returned to Azam nagar Belagavi from Nigeria has been detected to be Omicron positive.
He has been admitted to Civil hospital for treatment.
NOTE ON POSITIVE PATIENT-5
Age: 52 Years / Male Date of Sample Collection: 13/12/2021
Place of Sample Collection: Airport Bengaluru
Report: Positive (13/12/21) Date of Travel: 13/12/2021
Vaccination status: Vaccinated with 2 doses – Covishield (in Nigeria)
- Travelled from Nigeria on 13/12/ 2021 with a Negative report
- He was screened & tested at KIA Bangalore – tested Positive at Airport.
- However, since he had a connecting flight to Belagavi in the next two hours he was supposedly given permission.
- Took a flight to Belagavi on 14/12/2021 – received positive report
- He immediately shifted himself to separate home for isolation in Belagavi.
- Isolated at District Hospital Belgavi now stable.
- Two primary contacts quarantined and tested for RT-PCR.