Corruption in India has earned very notorious name internationally. It has almost become the way of life. Some want the corrupt methodology to continue forever. But most of the citizens want to end the corruption. Some brave persons have started to move in the direction by declaring agitation and by trying to convince the public on the ill effects of this evil.
We the people of Belgaum have also come forward to fight against corruption with the active participation and help of the public of this area. The members decided to provide and maintain a permanent institution to effectively create awareness amongst the suffering public and attract the youth to be the torch bearers in fighting the biggest stigma of corruption now rampant in our beloved land.
This is how the ‘Forum against corruption’ has come into existence. The forum is to be inaugurated on 2nd of July 2011 at 5.00 pm. in IMER Hall, Vadagaon road, Tilakawadi, Belgaum, at the auspicious hands of justice Rama Jois, former chief Justice of the high court.
The aims and objectives of the forum are as follows:
1. To create awareness in the public about the serious problem of corruption prevalent in our society and wage a war against it.
2. To motivate and encourage the youth to actively participate in the movement of the forum and there by enable them to face the challenges of the social evils.
3. To create a common platform to address public grievances with special reference to corruption
4. To build a corruption-free society in which the people may live with human dignity. we are aware that the black money has determined the lifeline of the country creating a tremendous impediment int the progress of the nation.
5. To support unearthing of black money and convert it into national wealth.
In the endeavor in achieving these objects, the forum shall also follow the path of non-violence and undertake to conduct themselves in a way to maintain the decorum of the forum apolitically.
The forum has been formed under the president ship of Mr. Suresh B.Hundre and a managing committee consisting of important and sincere persons of Belgaum. Shri Jinadatt desai, Shri U.M. Anigol, Shri S.M.Kulkarni and Dr.M.S. Sheshagiri have consented to be on the advisory panel of the forum.
Those who wish to contact the forum may dial to 9448160748 or 9448116198.