The work on the Halga-Machche bypass road should not be undertaken until the order of the 8th Additional Civil Court of Belagavi is modified or vacated, said the High court.
It may be recalled that last month the work on the same had begun under police protection after which the petitioners approached the high court.
The farmers had approached the local court in November 2021 when the said work was begun, where the court had ordered that no work shall be undertaken until this court gives a final verdict.
Advocate Adv. Ravi Kumar Gokakkar informed about the above order of the court. Add. Gokakkar said the Halga-Machhe bypass road case was heard again in the High Court on Tuesday.
Lawyers for the National Highways Authority, who was absent on a previous date, were also present. During the hearing, a copy of the restraining order issued by the 8th Additional Civil Court of Belgaum on the Halga-Machche bypass road was brought to the notice of the court.
Bypass work Alarwad cross
No action has been taken in this regard even after giving a statement to the District Collector and District Police. Far from maintaining law and order, the district administration and the police administration are working to help the National Highways Authority in violating the law.
This matter was also brought to the notice of the court. Advocates for the National Highways Authority later agreed that the lower court had issued a restraining order on the bypass work. Therefore, the lower court has issued a stay order on the bypass work till the outcome of the claim.
Until that order is revoked, there should be no work undertaken. The High Court has also ordered immediate stoppage of the ongoing bypass work, said Adv. Ravi Kumar Gokakkar.