Projects to be launched in Belagavi are – Natural Gas Distribution Network, Rooftop Solar Plant, GSM based monitoring of solid waste collection vehicles.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will launch Smart City projects on Saturday i.e June 25,2016 kick starting execution of Smart City Plans of 20 cities selected in the first round of ‘Smart City Challenge Competition’. This marks the beginning of holistic and integrated urban development in the country as envisaged under the new urban missions launched by the Government.
PM Modi is expected to speak to the panel from Belagavi via Video Conferencing for 5 mins which will include Corporation commissioner G Prabhu, R S Naik and others.A dedicated office will be made at the Govaves Shopping Complex.
Saturday’s launch also marks the beginning of implementation of urban development plans based on five year action plans formulated after detailed analysis of infrastructure gaps in over 500 cities included in Smart City Mission and AMRUT, accounting for about 70% of country’s urban population. This brings to an end the ad hoc and project based approach to urban development followed so far.
Prime Minister Shri Modi will also inaugurate ‘Make Your City SMART’ contest aimed at involving citizens in designing roads, junctions, parks etc. Suggestions and designs suggested by the citizens will be duly incorporated by respective smart cities. Winners of this contest will be given rewards in the range of Rs.10,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/-. This is aimed at continuing citizen participation in the planning under which about 1.50 crore citizens participated in the formulation of Smart City Plans to making of smart cities.
1 thought on “Modi to launch Belagavi Smart city project on June 25”
I Gopal H Karnataki,An Ex-Servicemen Belgavi,
1. In Belgaum there is only one slaughter house in cantonment board. There should be one more in city corp.
2. In Belgaum the waste flows in big tunnels. So manure plant should be made and make almost use of this.
3. There should be vegetable retail market in every area.
4. There should be footpath for every road.
5. There should be playground in every primary school.
6. There should be water facility in every area.
7. Latrines should be made for poor people.