Chairman of the Standing Committee on Taxation, Finance and Appeals City Corporation Belagavi, Ratan G. Masekar presenting the budget put the total revenue receipts from its own commercial properties and other sources at Rs. 34,242.41 lakh and total expenditure at Rs. 34,214.2 lakh during the year.
Highlights of the budget:
- Rs. 27.99 lakh surplus budget
- Work on the water filter plant at Basavankolla completeles and it would benefit nearly one lakh people of Malmaruti, Ramteerth Nagar, and Kanabargi village.
- Karnataka Slum Development Board will construct 1,044 housing units at an estimated cost of Rs. 45.49
- 2,360 units of affordable houses on G+3 multi-storey group housing complex model at an estimated cost of Rs. 11.80 crore
- Rs.21 crore property tax collected upto Jan 2017
- Raise Rs 30 crore income by selling residential plots at Mal Maruti Extension.
- 5 crore for new administrative building adjacent to current CCB office
- Door to door resurvey will continue for property tax collection
- Property tax hiked by 15% with a view to garner Rs.35 crore next year
- Some sites of Corporation to be auctioned
- Advertisement tax- Rs.1 crore
- 3 crore for Street light maintenance
- 50 lakhs for digitization for Births and Deaths registration
- Hawker rehabilitation and buying for new hawker carts 1 crore
- 50 lakhs for Solar lights
- 1 core for bus shelters
- 1 core for circle development
- 1 core for public toilets
- 26 crore for city cleanliness
- Ddevelopment fees and other cess under Town Planning Section- Rs.15.07 crore
- Rs. 2.50 crore from road cutting charges
- Trade licence- Rs.1.10 crore
- Administrative charges, vehicle parking and other fees-Rs.33.10 lakh
- Capital income from sale of open plots- Rs.30 crore
- Approved map will be mandatory for properties above 4000 sqft area.
10% rebate in property tax on eco-friendly constructions