Services in the Regional Transport Office (RTO) including the application for Learner’s Licence (LL) and Driving Licence (DL) and other services will now be done online using Sarathi 4 software.
In Sarathi-4, one has to visit the RTO for driving test evaluation only. In earlier versions even after online application one had to submit forms and documents in physical form that has been done away with now. All the payment also have been made online.
Applicants from their home and apply online for DL and even the fees can be paid online. There will be 15 questions which the applicants have to answer and out of that if they answer ten questions correctly, then one can pass the test otherwise it will be rejected.
Sarathi-4 is a web-based application. Citizens will have to visit an RTO only for taking driving/riding tests for DL/LLs and for recording his or her photograph for the smart card.
Procedure for online application for Learner’s License through Sarathi-4 Software
1.Visit https://parivahan.gov.in website, Select “Online Services”, then select “Driving License Related Services”
2. Select “Karnataka” state in the next page
3. Select “Apply Online” in the next page and then select “New Learner’s License”
4. After selection of “New Learner’s License”, fill in the details, after saving take a printout of Acknowledgement. After taking print-out, Scan and upload Age, Address and other documents as showin in the form. Scan and Upload passport photograph and signature.
5. Book date and time for Learner’s License Test through “LL Test Slot Booking”
6. If you have internet banking facility. pay the fees online through “Payment of fee” option and take the print-out of e-receipt. You can pay the fees at RTO Cash Counter also.
7. Visit the Regional Transport Office (RTO) on the appointment date along with acknowledgement and e-receipt (if paid online). Produce the original documents (Proof of
Age/Address etc.,) which are uploaded. If fees not paid online, the same can be paid at Cash
Counter of the RTO. No need to take print-out of the Application form and photo copies of the original documents.
8. After verification by the Licensing Authorities, appear for Learner’s License Test.