The Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) at the Head Post Office Camp Belagavi is evoking a good response from the passport applicants. The center accepts 50 appointments a day, earlier they were only 40 but now they have increased to 50.
Now the waiting period is almost 8 days.
When we checked today the latest appointment availability is on 26/06/2019.
Only Normal Passport issue and reissue can be done here at the Belagavi POPSK.
- Step 1 – Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. (Click on “Register Now” link on the Home Page).
- Step 2 – Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
- Step 3 – Click “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” link.
- Step 4 – Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
- Step 5 – Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras/Passport Offices. First select Passport Office as Bengaluru and then select – Belagavi POPSK
- Step 6 – Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
- Step 7 – Visit the POPSK Belagavi where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.
Remember the entire process is online and anyone one who is a bit computer savy can do it all by himself. One will need to upload all the documents like Aadhar card, birth certificate, PAN card and other documents as per the list on the website, hence please take a photo of each of the documents and save them so it becomes easy to upload all of them at once.
Again while going for the appointment be sure you take all the documents you may have other than the uploaded ones, such Savings bank pass book or latest statement with bankers seal and sign.
The http://www.passportindia.gov.in/ also has pro forma Annexures/Affidavits that one might need http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/annexureAffidavit
Applying for a New passport or renewal the process is the same, the only difference being, in case of renewal you have to mention your old passport number and also a copy of it, otherwise the process for new and reissue is the same.
At the POPSK : Be on time; if you go late your appointment can be canceled and you will have to take a fresh appointment again.
Report to the POSK Belagavi ahead of time. Carry the ARN receipt and all required documents.
- Your documents will be screened.
- You will be called into the PSK in batches and will have to pass through the security check.
- Once inside, if all is in order, you will be issued a token number. You will have to wait in the waiting area where token numbers are displayed. Applicants are called in sequential order based on the token number.
- Once your number is displayed, proceed inside.
- Inside the passport center (POSK) you will find different color coded counters
- Counter A – Citizen Service Executive (CSE) / TCS personnel carries out document verification, fee collection and photographing applicants
- Counter B – Verification Officer (VO) / Government personnel carries out document verification
- Counter C – Granting Officer (GO) / Assistant Passport Officer carries out document verification and decides on issuance.
Exit Counter – Acknowledgement Letter
Acknowledgement letter of passport application at PSK
This is given to you at the exit counter. Ensure this letter is kept safely as it will contain details which you can use to track your application status.
It will indicate whether your passport application has been approved or not.
It will indicate the mode for police verification viz. pre / post / no PV.
You will get an SMS as soon as the Passport is ready or has been processed.
Passports are dispatched via India Post through Speed Post which you can track on the India Post website. It is sent to the applicant’s current address. You, as an applicant, should preferably be the one receiving the passport from the postman.