“Bogarve galli to the west of Kodolkar vada, reaching to the western border of the town leading to the camp, takes its name either from the houses or the caste of Bogars or coppersmiths who used to live in it. Many new houses have lately been built, and the place has a few Brahmans and Kunbi houses and is the head- quarters of Belgaum prostitutes.”
Taken from the GAZETTEER OF THE BOMBAY PRESIDENCY written in 1884.
Dharmveer Sambhaji Chowk is known popularly as Bogarves.
Many things have changed since this was written. But a part of history.