In a heart-wrenching incident, a young farming couple from Bijgarni village in Belagavi taluka lost their lives due to the lax power distribution by Hescom. The couple was working diligently in their field when a sudden electric wire mishap took place, resulting in their untimely demise. The entire area is now buzzing with shock and grief following this devastating incident that occurred on a Sunday morning.
The deceased individuals have been identified as Nisar Mohammad Maqboolsab Sanadi, aged 32, and Lata Nisar Mohammad Sanadi, aged 26, both residents of Bijgarni.
Tragically, they leave behind a young daughter who will now grow up without her loving parents. The couple was engaged in farming sweet potatoes in their field when the unfortunate incident unfolded.
The electric wire attached to a nearby pole suddenly broke loose, fatally electrocuting Nisar. In a brave attempt to save her husband, Lata rushed to his aid, only to suffer the same fate. Both lives were tragically cut short due to the negligence of Hescom.
Disturbingly, it has come to light that the 11 KV volt electricity wires passing through the farm have been rusted for several years. The villagers have repeatedly raised concerns about the hazardous condition of these wires, urging Hescom to take immediate action. Regrettably, their pleas fell on deaf ears, and many dangerous wires still pose a threat to the rural areas of Belagavi.
In the wake of this devastating incident, there is a growing demand for Hescom to not only repair these perilous wires but also provide compensation to the grieving family. The incident has been officially reported and registered at the Belagavi Rural Police Station, shedding light on the urgent need for accountability and improved safety measures.