Short films have become trendsetters of a new form of entertainment. Taking forward this medium, “Society of Artistic Vision” in association with “Niyati Creations” is organizing the 3rd Belagavi International Short Film Festival (BISFF) in the month of December this year.
During the festival, some of the best shorts of India and World Cinema will be screened. The last 2 editions were non-competitive but the 3rd edition is competitive and is open to Indian as well as International Entrants. The films will be judged by Industry Professionals.
The BISFF is dedicated to recognize and help aspiring filmmakers and film enthusiasts from Belagavi to learn the craft of cinema.
1. To provide a platform for aspiring filmmakers by screening the films to a wider audience and hence help them publicize their films and ideas.
2. To inspire the next generation of filmmakers to make socially impactful films, with a lot of mind in it.
3. To encourage the type of cinema which is commercially entertaining and at the same time artistically original.
In recent times, Belagavi has seen a considerable amount of growth in the short films being made by the youth of the city. Short films have become the easiest medium to convey any expression or thought.
Even though the number of short films being made is increasing with time, the quality of the films is a major issue. It has to be understood that the young filmmakers of our city are not exposed to film education. Hence the case Belagavi International Short Film Festival is a platform for these young filmmakers to learn about cinema and work upon their skills.
Rules and Regulations
1. The last date to send the entries is 25th November 2018.
2. After the films are sent, the applicants will be notified about the selection for the screening after the judges scrutinize the entries.
3. Top three best films will be awarded cash prizes. The decision of the panel will be final, unquestionable and binding on all the participants.
4. There is no restriction on the language of the film. But, all the entries must be subtitled in English.
5. The maximum length of the film should not be more than 15 mins. Including start and end credits.
6. The applicant must pay a non-refundable entry fee of Rs.800/-(Indian entries) and $15(International entries) for each submission.
The amount must be paid to the account electronically only.
Name: Eyeline Pictures
Bank: Axis Bank Branch: Nehru Nagar, Belgaum.
Account Number: 914020044621045 IFSC: UTIB0001690.
Paypal: [email protected]
7. Submit the best possible copy of the movie via a private online link through Vimeo, Google Drive, YouTube, etc, scanned entry form & fee payment details at [email protected] Along with the link also attach a copy of synopsis, a poster of the film, and Teaser(optional).
8. The participants cannot withdraw the film under any circumstances once they have submitted it to the festival.
9. The films must not contain any copyrighted work(s) belonging to third parties unless the participants have a license to use such work(s) in the film. However, royalty free music can be used with proper credits.
10. By submitting the movie to 3rd Belgaum International Short Film Festival, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of the film.
11. BISFF organization has the right to use the nominated films for the Festival promotional purposes.
12. Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances.
13. Films will be judged by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, filmmakers, and other film industry professionals.
14. 3rd Belgaum International Short Film Festival does not take any type financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. All Travel, Lodging & Boarding and other miscellaneous expenses will have to be borne by the participant himself for attending the festival. No request for the same will be entertained.
For Entry forms mail to [email protected]
For more details: +91 9742910758 +91 9591320574. Facebook