It has been a long journey with 5 flights in a day to Zero. Today Sambra Airport witnessed one more historical event in its 77-year journey, the commencement of another direct flight to Bengaluru, the fifth from Belagavi by Indigo Airlines.
As of today 4 airlines namely, Alliance Air, Star Air, SpiceJet, and Indigo are operating flights to 5 destinations (Bengaluru (5), Mumbai(2), Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune) and the total operations per day on an average are 20.
More to come in the Winter schedule, as Trujet is gearing up to launch flights from October end.
Star Air has already commenced parking its plane here and when it gets 3 more planes in its fleet by November it would start most of the routes allocated to it under UDAN.
Indigo is also contemplating commencing new routes to Delhi and Chennai.
The old lost glory of the Belagavi airport is getting back. It getting back its lost glory and by October end we could have 3-4 new destinations added to fly from here.
Routes under UDAN 3.0 for Belagavi
- Belagavi to Hyderabad – InterGlobe (Indigo), SpiceJet, Turbo Megha (TruJet) – Spicejet Commenced
- Belagavi to Tirupati – Ghodawat (Star Air), Turbo Megha (TruJet)
- Belagavi to Mumbai – SpiceJet, Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Pune – Alliance Air Commenced
- Belagavi to Surat – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Kadappa – Turbo Megha (TruJet)
- Belagavi to Mysuru – Turbo Megha (TruJet)
- Belagavi to Indore – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Jodhpur – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Jaipur – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Ahmedabad – Ghodawat (Star Air) Commenced
- Belagavi to Ozar (Nasik) – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Nagpur – Ghodawat (Star Air)