The delegation led by Mla Abhay Patil, MP Iranna Kadadi along with the members of the Belagavi Chamber of commerce and other industry associations today met Chief minister Basavraj Bommai in Bengaluru.
The meeting was very fruitful as per sources.
The first thing he cleared up was that Belagavi was part of the “high-tech” cities and a dedicated “startup park” and the media ignored Belagavi while reporting the CM added.
CM assured that a Foundry & hydraulics industrial estate/ park would be developed on 500 acre and the CM assured that he would bring one major Automobile based industries to Belagavi.
The chief minister also assured to visit Belagavi before the assembly session and meet all the association’s heads and look into their demands.
The CM said that he will hold talks with the central government regarding the establishment of a 100-bed ESIC hospital in the Belagavi district.
An industrial township will also be created in the Belagavi district on the Mumbai-Chennai corridor. The Chief Minister advised the businessmen to take advantage of this.
The Central Railway Minister has been requested to consider the Belagavi-Kittur-Dharwad railway project as one of the first 5 priority projects to complement the industrial development in this area. He said that the government will implement this project on a priority basis.
A memorandum was submitted on the occasion by The Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industries
The Belgaum District Small-Scale Industries Association
The Belgaum Foundry Cluster
The Institute of Indian Foundrymen (Belgaum Chapter)
The Belgaum Manufacturer’s Co-Op Industrial Estate Ltd.
Laghu Udyog Bharati – Karnataka (Belagavi Unit)
The Belgaum City Chemists & Druggists Association
The Belgaum Automobile Dealers Association
Excerpts from the memorandum
Demands of Trade & Industries for the Betterment and Development of Belagavi District
- Manufacturing Industry
- New Industrial Estate around 2000 Acre with Five Star Infrastructure facilities on the lines of MIDC Maharashtra for bringing PSUs, Large Scale and Multinational business to Belagavi.
- New Foundry Park over 500 acres including 100 acres earmarked for Hydraulics and Manufacturing Industries
- Flatted factory complexes for Micro, Small Scale Industries and Start-ups at affordable prices.
- Support and Facilitation of private industrial estates from 10 to 50 acres as a Special Case for Belagavi District.
- Clear distinction / separation of the industrial zones with buffer zone to protect from residential and commercial encroachment.
- Planning of Ring Road keeping in mind industrial estates for easy movement of Goods which will benefit the exporter / Manufacturers.
- Widening and construction of National Highway connecting Belagavi to Goa through Chorla Ghat. This has to be taken up through NHAI.
- New Direct Rail line connecting Kolhapur, Belagavi and Hubballi alongside the National Highway.
- Airport Infrastructure Modernization with capacity increase.
- Increase of Direct flights to Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, & Ahmedabad
- Daily Two Additional Morning flights to Bangalore.
- Rail – Expedite the construction of Inland Container Depot (ICD) at Sambra which is pending since 2019 which will support the Customs Clearances for Exporters.
- Air- To expedite the establishment of Air Cargo Terminal at Belagavi Airport to facilitate exports.
- ESIC Hospital: – As committed in the last Winter session held at Belagavi December 2021, construction of New ESIC hospital in Udyambag / Machhe Industrial area to be taken up urgently.
- ECOMS: Planning of Separate feeders for Existing and planned Industrial Estates.
- To provide 50% Subsidy to new Entrepreneurs and for Upgradation of Existing Units.