The objective of the Smart Cities Mission is to promote cities that provide core infrastructure, give a decent quality of life to their citizens and apply smart solutions to improve services and infrastructure.
The Integrated Command and Control Centres are envisaged to be the brain for city-operation, exception handling, and disaster management and the one built at Vishveshwaraiya Nagar would commence its partial operations from Dec 15 reports the Sakal.
In phase 1 the RIFD tags placed for waste collection would be made active and once the installation of the Smart pole is complete even they would be operationalized.
At a later stage, all the CCTV cameras will also be linked to the command center and this would one place for the city where all the real-time information will be available.
Bharat Electronics Limited System Integrator is developing a City Operations Centre as Integrated Smart City System for Belagavi at Vishveshvaraiya Nagar.
The sensors and edge device swill capture and generate real-time data from various utilities such as water, waste management, energy, mobility, the built environment, education, healthcare, and safety.
ICCC as a platform through its different layers and components will act as a decision support system (DSS) for the city administration to respond to real-time events by consuming data feeds from different data sources and by processing information out of the data sets.
What are its uses:
•Increasing the situational awareness by providing insights using data for civic
•officials across urban functions through the deployment of sensors across the city.
•Standardizing response protocol at the city level through the institutionalization of standard processes for recurring events, issues, and exigency scenarios.
•Enhancing collaboration across multiple departments within and outside urban local bodies and government bodies.
•Engaging with on-field support staff to address civic issues and citizen grievances.
The main objective of the project is to break silos in the city within the departments and across the departments. Also to install appropriate checkpoints for solutions implemented, so that the services delivered to the public are to the at most satisfaction of the public.
It is integrated with various IT systems of different stakeholders with the objective of enhancing safety, security and providing better public services in the cities and it helps in :
Stages of Integration
1.Level1:a) Integrate and View
b) City Surveillance
2.Level 2: Integrate, Command and Control
1. E-governance (Property Tax, Automatic Building Permission Approval System, birth and death registration, public grievance redress system, fund-based accounting system (etc)-Present integration
2. Smart Parking (for future integration)
3. Smart Lighting (for future integration)
4. Smart UGD (for future integration)
5. Smart Energy Management (for future integration)
6. Geospatial Database Management (including Land Management System and UtilitiesMapping)-Present Integration
7. Fire &Ambulance-Present Integration
3. Level 3: Implement, Command, Control and Fully Operate
1. Smart Water-Present Integration
2. ICT based solid waste management with RF at household and community level-Present Integration
3. Intelligent Traffic Management System (Adaptive Traffic Control System)-Present Integration
4. Intelligent Transport System (ITS)-Present Integration
5. Intelligent Pole (with environmental sensors, public address system, variable
messaging system, digital billboard, panic button)-Present Integration
The CoC is ready for a pilot run of phase I for Smart Solid Waste Management, Emergency Services, Smart Intelligent transportation System and after UAT will Go Live
After establishing the above-said solutions, the SI will Operate and Maintain the said ICT interventions for a period of 5 years.