Amidst a spike, in COVID-19 cases in Karnataka, the state govt has made it mandatory for the public to wear masks with immediate effect.
Technical Advisory Committee had recommended the State Government make masks compulsory and take other necessary precautions which have prompted the Government to issue new guidelines.
The order which was issued on Friday by the health commissioner mandated the wearing of masks in all public places, buses, private vehicles travelers, malls, and educational institutions. It further mentioned that restaurants, pubs, hotels, hostels, offices(Pvt, public) factories staff should also wear masks compulsorily.
On Friday Belagavi saw 2 new COVID cases with 3 discharges and active cases standing at 9.
In the state, while the positivity rate for the day was 2.14 per cent, it was 2.06 per cent in the past one week. The health department said that it conducted 21,927 tests. The growth rate of Covid infection in the past 24 hours was 20.17 per cent.
1. Compulsorily wearing of face covering / mask by public in public places as per reference (3). Mashals and police personnel shall be utilized to enforce and ensure compliance.
2. In closed spaces like Shopping malls, Restaurants, Pubs, Caffeteria, Hotels, Hostels, Educational institutions, Offices, Industrial establishments, etc, the owners / administrators of such establishrnents shall ensure that mask usage and also entry / access to such spaces shall be only for those who are wearing face covering / mask.
3. While travelling in vehicles, personal / private /public (Bus/Train, etc), everyone shall wear face mask compulsorily.
4. Those who have symptoms of ILI 8, SARI and those under high risk group and those with comorbidities shall get tested for COVID-19 on priority and shall remain isolated at home until the test result is declared.
5. Those who are eligible for COVID19 vaccination doses and especially precaution dose, are advised to get it done on priority.
It is herby directed that the concerned officers /administrators / owners shall ensure the irnplementation of above mentioned preventive and control measures in the larger interest of public health.