Shri Satish Tendolkar , Past President BCCI and DRUCC member presented and discussed in detail all the points pertaining to Belgaum Railway Station and demanded to improve the Belgaum station on a war front.
The Railway authorities assured him that within a few days time Belgaum station will have a total face lift which include..
• a well furnished food plaza
• separate a/c waiting room for ladies
• solar light panels all over
• garden infront of station
• elevator on platform will soon be provided
• IRTC will survey Belgaum station to have promotion of tourist places
• Platform ticket vending machine will be provided on the station
• Separate well equipped enquiry counter will be set up out side the station to help travelers
• New path way will be provided to approach the reservation counter from inside the station with shelter.
It was also demanded to extend Mahalaxmi Express to Belgaum and Hubli daily and a 2 min stop at Thane station for newly introduced Hubli /LTT 17318/17317 train for which DRM has given a positive nod. Shri Mittal assured that Belgaum will soon get a STATE OF ART STATION.