The Government appoints the Chief Executive Officer to carry out administration of Zilla Panchayat and has now appointed R Ramchandran as the CEO who is a 2012 batch IAS officer.
Mr.Ramchandran took charge on Monday.
Mr. Ramachandran, after taking charge, said that his priority was towards development, particularly implementing the Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan effectively.
Functions of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- exercise all the power specially, imposed or conferred upon him by or under the Act or under any other law for the time being in force
- control the officers and official of, or holding office under, the Zilla Panchayat subject to the general superintendence and control of the Adhyaksha and such rules as may be prescribed;
- supervise and control the execution of all works of the Zilla Panchayat;
- take necessary measures for the speedy execution of all works and developmental schemes of the Zilla Panchayat;
- have custody of all papers and documents connected with the proceedings of the meetings of the Zilla Panchayat and its committees;
- draw and disburse monies out of the Zilla Panchayat Fund; and
- Exercise such other powers and discharge such other functions as may be prescribed.
- The Chief Executive Officer shall attend meeting of the Zilla Panchayat and shall have right to attend the meeting of any committee thereof and to take part in the discussion but shall not have right to move any resolution or to vote.