St. Mary’s School Belagavi is situated in the heart of the city at the end of the Cantonment limits.
Established in 1852 mainly for the children of the British soldiers with only 4 pupils, then in 1947 for the Anglo- Indians and in 1958 for purely Resident Indian. St. Mary’s has seen a glorious past of 165 years in history, carving a niche for itself in Belgaum city and North Karnataka. The school now houses about 2,300 odd students studying in 2016.
It is a religious minority Institution, the motto being ‘Serve God in Man’. We have children from all religious back grounds and all stratas of society.
To mark the beginning of celebration of 165 years a Rally will be flagged off on 13th November 2016 at 8.00 am
Late. Rev.A.V.Rubdi the parish priest of St. Mary’s Church Belagavi restarted the school on 9th June 1958 with just 4 children, he was also the Principal of the school at that time. Today the school has 2394 children and is a leading school in North Karnataka affiliated to the state board.
Miss Lydia Acton, Miss Devshikhamani, Mr G.D.David were the former Principals and Mr.P.A Karakat, Ms S.A.Rubdi Mr.P.P.Alvaris were the incharge Headmasters, and from the year 2003 to the current, Ms Jasmin Rubdi is the Principal of the school.
The first batch of SSLC students passed in the year 1969.
A special mention is to be made regarding the life line of the school which is the school ‘open well’, which provides potable water during all seasons, it never runs dry , It is a great blessing to maintain the green environment of the school.