Star Air is set to add more Embraer 145 aircraft to its existing fleet in coming months. It has placed orders for 3 more Embraer 145 aircraft which are likely to be inducted into its fleet by Nov 2019.
Embraer is a Brazilian aerospace company that manufactures commercial, executive, military and agricultural aircraft.
Currently, the Star Air fleet consists of two ERJ 145 aircraft and the three aircraft will join its fleet by Nov 2019. Star Air is planning to increase its fleet size to 10 aircrafts by Dec 2020.
With the addition of these 3 planes, Star Air will help the airline to activate all UDAN routes and also a few non-UDAN sectors which it might be looking at in the long run.
Currently, Star Air is flying to Bengaluru, Ahmadabad and would commence its Mumbai service from September 6, 2019.
Routes under UDAN 3.0 for Belagavi for Star Air
- Belagavi to Tirupati – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Mumbai – Ghodawat (Star Air)- Starts Sept 6, 2019
- Belagavi to Surat – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Indore – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Jodhpur – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Jaipur – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Ahmedabad – Ghodawat (Star Air) – In-service already
- Belagavi to Ozar (Nasik) – Ghodawat (Star Air)
- Belagavi to Nagpur – Ghodawat (Star Air)
Of the 9 routes allotted under UDAN 3, Star Air with its Mumbai flight will be operating 2 out of the 9 routes.
With more planes coming in it will enable Star Air to commence flights to the above destinations.