Significance of Asthma Day
World Asthma Day is an annual event organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to improve asthma awareness and care around the world. World Asthma Day takes place on the first Tuesday of May. The theme for World Asthma Day 2019 is “STOP for Asthma.” The disease is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways, which results in wheezing, coughing, and tightness in the chest.
• Around 235 million people worldwide suffer from asthma.
• There is no cure for asthma. Proper diagnosis and regular treatment are essential to manage the disease. On treatment quality of life will improve and reduction in complications.
• Failure to follow appropriate medication regime may sometimes lead to complications/death.
• Asthma is the most common chronic disease among children.
• Drugs and avoiding asthma triggers are the most appropriate treatment for asthma.
Quitting smoking and staying in clean environments are the top ways to prevent asthma and keep its symptoms under control
There is no cure for asthma, it can be dealt with effectively in case it is diagnosed in time.
Asthma is one of the most common chronic diseases among children. A healthy lifestyle, no smoking, avoiding drugs and asthma triggers are the best ways to treat asthma and keep its symptoms under control.
“Medication is not the only way to control asthma. It is also important to avoid asthma triggers – stimuli that irritate and inflame the airways. With medical support, each asthma patient must learn what triggers he or she should avoid,” the global health body says.
Regular, light exercise can help to manage asthma symptoms better by improving lung function. It will also enhance the immune system and release ‘feel-good’ chemicals in the brain to lift the mood. Various researches have shown that depression, stress worsens the disease.
Research suggests that eucalyptus oil may have anti-inflammatory properties and could prove effective in helping people manage the symptoms of asthma.
Quit smoking, Keep the surroundings clean. Visit the Doctor regularly. Follow the advice of Doctor.