The President of India, Governor, Chief Minister, Chief Justice and other VVIP will be visiting Belagavi to attend the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of Karnataka Law Society and RL Law college on 15 September at GIT Belagavi, due to which the Commissioner of Police has issued a Traffic Advisory to make free VIP movement in Belagavi.
No traffic will be allowed of any kind from 8.30 AM to 1.30 PM on 15 Sept on the following roads and some roads will have diversions.
- 15-9-18: First gate, Second gate will be completely closed for traffic, Vehicles can use Old PB road or Kapileshwar Bridge to commute
- No parking on NH4A within city limits
- No Parking on Sambra road, NH 4, Lakeview Cross, Ashok Circle to Rani Chennama Circle, College Road, Khanapur Road, Congress Road, NH4A
- Vehicles coming from Vijapura, Bagalkote, Nesargi, Yargatti can use road next to Marihal Police Station to reach Sulebhavi road
- Sambra Under Bridge, Mahantesh Nagar Under Bridge, Ashoka Circle – all Vegetable vehicles, Alarwad Under Bridge, Yedurappa Marg will come via OLD PB road
- All BUSES coming from GOA will be stopped at Peeranwadi corner and will return from there only
- Buses coming from Kolhapur, Gokak, Dharwad will be stopped at Ashok Nagar 4th cross on open space and will operate from there only.
- City Bus service will be operational from Dharmanath Circle
- HTV traffic within city is banned from 14-9-18 6 AM to 6 PM and on 15-9-18 again 6 AM to 6 PM.
- Vehicles from Goa, Khanapur will go via DESUR, KK KOPPA and can join NH4