In view of the visit of Governor of Karnataka and Rahul Gandhi and other dignitaries to Belagavi City Date: 20/03/2023 from 1100 am to 03.00 pm, the selected routes of the city have been changed as follows, and public will use alternative routes.
1) Sambra Airport Road, Sambra Under Bridge, Mundyandi Garage, National Highway- 4. Kanakadasa Circle, Lakeview Hospital, Nityananda Cross, Ashoka Pillar, Hotel Triveni, Sangolli Rayanna Circle, Court Compound, Rani Channamma Circle, Ganesh Mandir, Club Road , Vishwesvaraya Nagar Bachi Cross, CPD Maidan This is a route for dignitaries and general public should avoid this route and use alternative routes.
2) Vehicles entering Belagavi city from Nippani, Kolhapur, Athani, Chikkodi, Sankeshwar, Yamakanamardi, Kakati towards Khanapur/Goa at Hindalgo Bauxite Road, Forest Naka, Hindalaga Ganesh Mandir, Gandhi Circle, Shaurya Circle, Thimmaiah Road, Kendriya Vidyalaya No-2, Sharkat Park, Independence Road, Gowla Galla, Fernandes Road, Nelasan Road, Mitti Mahadev Mandir, Congress Road and traveling forward.
3) Vehicles traveling from Belagavi towards Nippani, Kolhapur, Athani, Kakati will join National Highway-4 via Krishnadevaraya Circle, Hotel Ramdev, KLE Hospital Road, KLE Chhatri.
4) Those traveling from Hubli, Dharwad, Bailahongal, Soundatti, Hirebagewadi towards Goa and Khanapur via Alarawad Bridge, Old PB Road, Patron Showroom, Vaibhav Hotel, Double Road Cross, Bank of India circle, Mahatma Phule Road, RPD Circle, 3rd Gate Railway Over Bridge Moving forward.
5) Those traveling to Hubli, Dharwad, Bailahongal, Soundatti, Hirebagewadi will travel Old PB road to reach NH 4.
6) Vehicles plying towards National Highway 4 from Vengurla, Sawantwadi, Hindalaga Sulaga are restricted from entering the city near Forest Naka and continue to join National Highway 4 via Bauxite Road, Hindalco Under Bridge.
7) Vehicles coming from Vijayapur, Bagalkote, Yaragatti, Nesaragi towards Belagavi city should be stopped near Marihal Police Station and take right turn and take left turn through Sulebhavi Village to Kanabaragi Road, Kanakadasa Circle, National Highway 4 near Nisarga Dhaba and enter the city through KPTCL Road.
8) Vehicles traveling from Belagavi city towards Sambra Nesaragi, Yaragatti, Bagalkota, Vijayapur will travel through Belagavi-Gokak State Highway and join Bagalkota road via Khanagao Cross, Sulebhavi village.
9) On 20/03/2023 from 08.00 AM to 08.00 PM all heavy vehicles are prohibited from entering and plying in Belagavi city from all directions.