Bharatesh Education Trust is one of the leading educational institutions in Belagavi that has always believed in providing quality education at affordable fees.
- The Trust was established in 1962 and today runs 19 educational institutions including 8 schools, a Homeopathic medical college, Nursing college, Polytechnic, ITI, all UG branches and PG institutes. The Study Center of Hampi Kannada University is also supported by the Trust. About 8000 students and 500 staff are part of the Bharatesh family. Its alumni include hundreds of Doctors, Engineers, Businessmen, Entrepreneurs, Govt. officials, etc. spread across India and abroad. The Trust’s focus has always been towards providing quality education at affordable cost to the students.
- The Trust has been at the forefront of social endeavours like flood relief, disaster management, COVID care, health camps, eye operations, blood donations camps, empowerment of girls, entrepreneurship development programs, heritage conservation and many such activities.
- Bharatesh has a robust corpus of scholarship fund accrued through donations from patrons from India and abroad. This enables us to provide scholarship to over a hundred students every year from the interest accrued. Taking the pledge of social service ahead, the Diamond Jubilee year is all set to expand our social outreach.
- The Trust has embarked on a massive construction drive at all three campuses wherein several civil development works including external cladding of façade, paving tiles at parking and open spaces, painting of all external areas, etc. have been completed.
- Commemorating the beginning of the Birth Centenary year of Late Shri Komalanna Doddanavar, Former Chairman of Bharatesh Education Trust whose relentless contribution to the Trust led to many initiatives and development, a life size statue of him is being installed at the Halaga Vindhyagiri campus.
- The Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital is being relocated to a spacious new building constructed specially at the Kudachi Chandragiri campus. A dedicated attached hospital is also completed at the same place.
- The Trust is also publishing a special souvenir on the occasion of the Diamond Jubilee which will chronicle the milestones of the Trust, pay tribute to the contributions of various people and lay out ambitious plans for the future.
- On this august occasion, the Trust has planned a series of meaningful events and activities that shall reach out to thousands of well wishers, students – past and present and associates.
Events and Programs already completed on the occasion of Diamond Jubilee
- A Mega Event “Robo Kranti” and “75 Robots ki Salami” on Thursday 25 th August 2022 at Rupali Convention Center, Old PB Road. These events were for students of the Belagavi District from Grade 6 to Grade 10 to motivate all the 74 Atal Tinkering Labs in Belagavi District. BET invited all the other non- ATL schools in the vicinity also to participate in this event. Over 160 teams from more than 75 schools participated in this event and over 600 students participated.
- ‘Book Buddies’ – The chidlren’s Literature Festival was organized by Bharatesh Central School, Halaga on 4th November 2022. It was inaugurated by Ms. Sowmya Shrinivasan, Founder Member of Bangalore Storytelling Society. A book by the same name with ISBN no. with a compilation of stories and poems written by students from Belagavi was released on this occasion. Teams from over 20 schools in Belagavi district participated in this first edition of the Children’s Litfest.
- Bharatesh Education Trust initiated the Distinguished Lecture Series wherein noted people who have done extraordinary work in their fields have been invited to address our students and staff. Twenty episodes of this series have been organized successfully.
- Health Check up camp and Village adoption program at Chandan Hosur. The Trust has adopted the 4 villages of Chandan Hosur, Tarihal, Mastmardi and Basrikatti for complete socio economical development. Over 1400 people from adjoining villages benefitted from this camp which was attended by over 20 specialist doctors from Belagavi
- Interschool Cricket Tournament was organized on 12th and 13th Nov 2022.
- Khel ka Vajra Mahotsav – An inter school volleyball tournament was organized on 18th Nov 2022 wherein over 40 teams from Belagavi participated. Chief Guest Shri Prakash Hukkeri, Hon. MLC North West Teachers’ constituency, declared a cash prize of Rs. 25000 for the winners at the event.
- Sangharsh to Run Athletics championship meet was organized on 22nd and 23rd Dec 2022 wherein over 1200 students participated from various schools and clubs in Belagavi . Chief guest of Inaugural function was Shri B.C. Nagesh, Hon. Minister for School Education and literacy along with SHri Anil Benake, Hon. MLA, Belagavi (North) and Shri Hanmanth Nirani, Hon. MLC.
- A Diamond Jubilee Marathon was organized on Sunday 8th January 2023 from the Trust towards Alarwad Cross and back. Over 1200 students and general public participated in the marathon which was flagged off by Ironman Athlete Mr. Rohan Hargude. Prizes worth Rs. 1 lakh were awarded to winners in three categories for boys and girls separately.
A week long cultural extravaganza has been planned from 17th January 2023
a. 17th Jan: Alumni Meet of D.Y. Chougule Bharatesh High School that is celebrating its Diamond Jubilee this year. This meet will be graced by Chif Guest , famous Kannada actor, Shri Charanraj, who is an alumnus of DY Chougule Bharatesh High School. The two surviving founders of BET, all former Chairmen and former Managing Committee Members of Bharatesh Education Trust shall be felicitated at this occasion.
b. 18th Jan: Mystic Melodies- contemporary spiritual music program by Ms. Aparna Bhat and team from Mumbai. Ms. Aparna Bhat renders soulful spiritual music, bhajans and songs in her unique way to enthral the audience and create a spiritual aura.
c. 19th Jan: Silver Jubilee celebrations of Padmaraj Ariga Bharatesh College of Business Administration (BBA)
Bharatesh BBA celebrates its silver jubilee this year and wishes to do so amidst its thousands of alumni who are leading successful lives across the world. A day -long event with talk by famous podcaster and writer Skanddyman, Stand Up comedy by Shivu NG and Pramod Ashnal, musical night by DJ Shreya and The Faisal Collective- an Indie Band from Belagavi.
d. 20th Jan: Bring it on Bollywood- a mega musical program by famous Bollywood singers Sachet and Parampara.
Sachet–Parampara are an Indian music composer, vocalist and lyricist duo consisting of Sachet Tandon and Parampara Tandon. Their song “Bekhayali” from Kabir Singh (2019) became chartbuster even before its release along with Shiv Tandav Stotram (2021), Maiyya Mainu from Jersey (2022) amongst various others went viral with several cover versions available on YouTube. They won array of awards including IIFA (2020), Filmfare (2020), Zee Cine Awards (2020), Mirchi Music Awards, Best Play Back Singer at Star Screen Awards (2019). The duo is known for their work in Hindi films including Toilet: EkPrem Katha (2017), Bhoomi (2017), YamlaPaglaDeewanaPhir Se (2018), Batti Gul Meter Chalu (2018), Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (2019),Kabir Singh (2019), Tanhaji (2020) and Jersey (2022).
Bharatesh has grown to become a force to reckon with in the field of education in this part of the country with the selfless contribution of hundreds of members, stakeholders and well-wishers.