The person wishing to contest the election has to be a citizen of India and has to be 25 years of age.
A person must be enrolled in the current electoral roll of any of the Parliamentary Constituencies for contesting elections from a Parliamentary Constituency.
List of documents to be submitted while filing nominations –
• Nomination paper in Form 2A for Lok Sabha election
• Certified extract of electoral roll (when the candidate is an elector of a different constituency)
• Form A and B (applicable in the case of candidates set up by political parties)
• Copy of caste certificates (if the candidate claims to belong to SC/ST)
• Security deposit – Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty five Thousand Only)
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe is required to make a security deposit of Rs. 12,500
• Oath and affirmation
• Affidavit in Form 26 with all the columns filled up and sworn before an Oath Commissioner or Magistrate of First Class or before a Notary Public. This includes details of pending criminal cases, movable & immovable assets including foreign assets, liabilities, sources of income, educational qualification etc.
• Certified extract of electoral roll (when a candidate is an elector of a different constituency)
The Affidavit in Form 26 and Form A & B have to be filed latest by 3.00 P.M. on the last date of filing nominations.
The nomination paper consists of the basic details of the candidates including a photograph. It also has details of the candidate’s name in the relevant electoral roll.
The security deposit amount based on the election being contested should be deposited either in cash with the Returning Officer or by filing a challan in the Reserve Bank of India or a Government Treasury.
The amount is Rs.25,000 for the General category and 12,500 for the Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe
The form is filled out by a voter who knows the candidate and proposes him or her. They must also swear allegiance to the Constitution of India and its sovereignty and integrity in an oath before the returning officer.
Candidates standing from more than one constituency can take the oath only once (however, the security deposit for the second seat is not returned for such candidates).
Candidates filing from jail can take the oath before the prison superintendent. You can swear either in the name of the god or just say that you ‘solemnly affirm’, if you are not a believer.
Only the person, who is the elector within the constituencies in which the candidate contests the election, will propose the name of the candidate and may sign the nomination paper.
One proposer is enough for candidates of a recognized national or state party. However, if the candidate belongs to a registered unrecognized organization or is an independent candidate, ten proposers or electors of the constituency are needed to sign the nomination paper.
The nomination paper is to be presented either by the candidate or by only one person who has proposed the name of the candidate.
The Nomination will have to be filed in Belagavi at the Deputy Commissioner’s office.
The issue of Notification: 23.03.2021
Last Date for filing Nominations: 30.03.2021
Scrutiny of Nominations: 31.03.2021
Last date for withdrawal of Candidature: 03.04.2021
Date of Poll: 17.04.2021 (Saturday)
Counting of Votes: 02.05.2021 (Sunday)