An innovative restoration project has breathed new life into an ancient building constructed in 1906 at the Vaccine Depot Belagavi.
Located on the premises of the Vaccine Depot Tilakwadi, the project cost a total of Rs. 90 lakhs and was completed without compromising the traditional style.
Abhay Patil, MLA, has also announced plans to construct badminton, volleyball, and basketball courts in the near future.
This is part of the MLA’s plan to give Vaccine Depot a comprehensive makeover with minimal environmental impact.
The building, constructed from black stone, was originally used to prepare vaccines for the treatment of cattle smallpox. Later, it served as a residence for District Medical Officers until 1983.
Now, with the help of a grant from the MLA, the building has been completely restored.
Rs. 90 lakhs were allocated from the Smart City Scheme to provide accommodation for dignitaries such as the Chief Minister, Ministers, and officials of various departments.
The 150-odd-acre vaccine depot also features an Art Gallery, Aviation Museum, and Heritage Park. All of the work is expected to be completed by March.
The building is surrounded by lush greenery and includes four guest rooms, a helper’s room, a kitchen, and a space for public seating and official meetings. For safety, CCTV cameras have been installed and the necessary infrastructure has been provided.