Amidst all the hyper noise around the penultimate electoral process in the country, major political brains came up with a host of promises through their manifesto. We are sure the majority of the promises are pure to lure the aam aadmi to garner votes and succeed to the pole position.
While political parties will release their manifestos promising a bunch of schemes and a host of freebies to citizens ahead of the Loksabha elections and comparison with the charter of demands by various citizens’ groups reveals that parties have fallen short of gauging citizens’ expectations, each time.
We in Belagavi don’t have large civic groups which are active in such initiatives, but it is now the need of the hour that all the citizens, welfare associations, and housing societies, NGO’s come together and create a comprehensive manifesto or charter of demands well before time so that once the elections are announced each one is prepared with the Citizens Manifesto.
So here, Each one can comment here [wpdiscuz-feedback id=”1qgdnsc2jj” question=” Please submit your Demands” opened=”0″][/wpdiscuz-feedback] or in the comment box whatever they feel is their demand, that must be included in the Manifesto for a Better Belagavi can be submitted.
That’s not all, each and everyone then can LIKE or DISLIKE the suggestions made.
It is time we get up and gather together for a Better Belagavi, or else we would be forced to say God Bless Belagavi.
19 responses to “Belagavi Demands : Assembly Elections 2023”
We need better Infrastructure management and citizens groups locals must be heard before any work is under taken in the area.
Need support from government to push startups in Belagavi. Though there might be few schemes available but that are not easy to avail. Encouraging youngsters is must, need something that we can spoon feed and promote startups in Belagavi.
Along with that MLA MPs should give bit of their to bring big industries. Need to re introduce business culture in Belagavi that is seen vanishing now
We need proper infrastructure development within the city as well as in Belgaum district. The Karnataka Government must consider Belgaum in beyond benguluru campaign and not only Hubli and dharwad. Also MLAs & MPs should work on bringing Big Industries/companies to Belgaum that will create more opportunities of employment in North Karnataka.
Dozens of Industries and companies, IT companies and also government schemes which was planned for Belgaum they have been taken away from Belgaum & established in Dharwad n Hubli. This is why Belgaum is under developed then dharwad Hubli
There was only one strong politician in Belgaum Mr. Suresh angadi. In his presence only dharwad Hubli politician took away which was meant to Belgaum. Now in his absence, even if some industry or companies or government development planning done also they will steal it from Belgaum again..
1. Creation of ring road to reduce heavy vehicle traffic in the city .
2. Time bound implementation of infra projects like 24 hour water, CBT, etc
3. Improvement of medical facilities by setting up govt speciality hospitals so that people don’t have to travel to other cities to get treatment.
4. Setting up of agro processing facilities to help farmers.
5. Investment in auto ancillary and foundry sectors to improve employment.
I think this initiative is namesake without support from all media houses, Individuals, citizen charter groups. There has been severe criticism from individuals, opposition, media groups, NGO’s whenever state or district administration has initiated development work.
1. Internal City road widening works- severe criticism questioning need and advocating empathy for properties in acquisition.
2. Development of IT Park(Santi Bastwad)- Severe criticism in the name of Protection of Green lungs, and advising use of Desur IT Park instead. Our MLA Mr. Abhay Patil is putting his dedicated efforts in making this a reality but No Individual, Media House, Citizen charter, NGO has ever supported this initiative.
3. Belagavi Bypass/Ring Road- Severe criticism rejecting the essence of requirement. How will any major corporate or Investment consortium ever dare to invest in Belagavi without dedicated cargo corridors.
4. We should learn lessons from what is happening around, Major accident in PUNE city on 20-11-2022 where Cargo vehicle rammed into around 50 cars. Reason- city traffic and highway traffic made to mix together & this happens every month at the same spot. This is classic example of resistance to land acquisition due to support lend by so called NGO’s, individuals, local leaders. Pune ring road Project opposed by fraternity with vested interests since 1987 and NHAI having tough time as no land acquisition till date.
5. Belagavi is no different as every body opposes infra projects, and ultimately common citizens suffer. Imagine the number of student fatalities Belagavi has witnessed since childhood of every citizen on udyambaug road due to city traffic forced to mix with highway traffic. Thanks to PWD at least they initiated road widening works that too with much of opposition during land acquisition. Nobody felt Halaga- macche Bypass would save precious lives and millions of gallons of fuel & add fillip to Industrial growth.
6.Expansion of Belagavi Goa Highway(via. Anmod)- NHAI works are been opposed since 2017 and still incomplete as they have to face opposition(from all as stated above).
7. Indian railways facing stiff opposition for doubling works between castle rock and Mullem.
8. Indian railways initiative of new Dharwad- Belagavi line- Lets hope there is no resistance offered by all as stated above and hope for early completion of the works.
All the above projects are a must for our Beautiful Belagavi to prosper as per the initiative in your article, But most importantly citizens should support the Govt. initiative(may it be any political party) of the infra projects upgradation.
It becomes namesake when everybody wants it, but no body wants to rake up the real reasons who are stalling the projects and initiatives.
And all the media houses who do not attempt to highlight civic apathy are always part of the vested interests group.
And yes, this is the novel way to make an attempt & highlight the citizen issues to the elected representatives.
1.Major problem in the city is Parking. Vehicle parking lots must be planned in systematic way with affordable price.
2.Airport road should be upgraded as traffic in tat area is huge now.
3.Upgradation of Cricket stadium at international standards.
4. Utilizing the suvarna vidhansoudh for govt works rather than keeping it as a showpiece and using once a year.
If given a chance to speak about our problems, then we expect our candidates to talk to people personally and discuss their problems be it sanitary, irrigation related issues, cleanliness, gardens and parks , the unused public gyms which are such that they are rusting, the fumigation , the unfinished and damaged roads. The untouched small connecting roads to the main roads and the gutters not done to small roads. The improper Maintainence of the materials used for construction if leftover are left on roads for people to fall down skid with vehicles.
The pavered roads are having small hills in between and some are broken and people meeting with accidents is a common problem.
We expect our so called leaders to come and speak with the citizens door to door not only for campaigning but to become true leaders so as to listen to the woes of the people.
First finish kannada marathi in regular govt official work. Next everything is going to hubballi although which is very much smaller city than us, what you guys are doing for example IIT, infosys.
More Tier 1 IT & MNC Companies required to stop talent migration from Belagavi to other cities/countries.
This will also improve the economy of Belagavi overall.
Need maintenance of the public properties by BCC
Need MNC IT Companies at Belgaum
Need more big industries be it IT and Mechanical company.. It’s the need of the hr.. Youngsters are being deprived.. N forced to flee metro cities
at mahantesh nagar 1st main road that is city bus route too much traffic beacause lot of banks offices etc are on the road so kind request to widen the road
First and Foremost. We need transparent & efficient local governance. We need a Mayor. The term of the Mayor has to be 5 years.
All Flights Suspended due to pressure of Prhalad joshi Need to condem