lcds-Belagavi-news

Smt.Mangala Angadi has used 100% of the entitlement of MPLAD funds in 2022-23

Photo of author

Smt Mangala Angadi has used 100% of their entitlement of Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) funds in 2022-23.

The 25 crore entitlement was fully released for the year 2022-23.

As of 2 February 2023, 88% of the funds have been spent and the remaining 12% are yet to be spent as works are in progress.

Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) is a scheme formulated by the Government of India on 23 December 1993 that provides that each member of parliament of India has the choice to suggest to the Head of the District works to the tune of Rs.5 crore per year, to be taken up in his/her constituency.

mangal-angadi
Smt Mangal Angadi

Total Funds Released – 25Cr

Total expenditure – 22.34 Cr

Total Works Recommended 727

Total Works completed 378

Karnataka, which has 28 MPs including 25 from BJP, has utilized only Rs 20 crore (14%) of the Rs 140 crore allotted to Lok Sabha members. The state ranks 16th in fund usage.

2 thoughts on “Smt.Mangala Angadi has used 100% of the entitlement of MPLAD funds in 2022-23”

Leave a Comment